NJDSM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAS question

2 posters

Go down

CAS question Empty CAS question

Post by Turbotaloon95 Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:02 am

So I was going to tune taloon for Sunday, but she didn't start up this morning. I got a CEL for cam angle sensor circuit malfunction. I took the timing belt cover off and took a look at the cas. It looks 100% fine, the wiring looks good, and it's plugged in. I tried unplugging the battery to reset the ecu, nothing. DSMLink had "Invert CAS" on (as a default). Tried changing it to off (no invert) and nothing. Pulled the plugs and they were wet with fuel and smelled like fuel. So I went out and bought new plugs and wires and put them in. It started right up!! Hoooray!!!

So I go to put the timing belt cover back on and button everything up. Then I go to start it again to fully warm up so I can tune it. However, it doesn't start. I get the same thing I did before!

Basically it kind of sputters for a half second and then stalls if i let the key go, or the starter just keeps spinning if I hold the key. Sometimes I can get it going a little if I give it enough gas, but it sounds like a frickin lawnmower! Then it eventually stalls out.

Please help! I'm assuming I need a new CAS, but I'll need to find one tomorrow and have someone help me take the intake cam gear off and timing belt so I can replace it. Can anyone PLEASE help me??? I need to get it running for Sunday!
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 91
Car : 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

CAS question Empty Re: CAS question

Post by Turbotaloon95 Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:59 pm

I decided to get a 1g CAS and install as per RRE's instructions. This way I don't have to remove the intake cam gear and redo the timing belt that I just did a week ago. It will allow me to adjust timing and is much easier to install. Just thought I'd post up so someone could at least use this post as a reference. I'll post again once it's installed.
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 91
Car : 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gdmbat85 Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 pm

I wish I had read your post earlier. I have an extra CAS sitting on my dresser just incase.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 231
Car : 99 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down