NJDSM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my green 2g awd

4 posters

Go down

my green 2g awd Empty my green 2g awd

Post by greentsi Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:43 pm

hey, my name is Andrew. im 17 and i have had my talon for a few months. i havnt really done much to it, because im a little short on money right now. but as soon as i sell my other car i should have some money to do some stuff. i dont realy have many pictures besides my profile picture which is the one the owner before me took hah, but i dont know really how to post pictures but il give it a try.

my green 2g awd 2960893_2_full
my green 2g awd 2960893_3_full

Last edited by Gdmbat85 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
greentsi
greentsi
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 8
Car : 95 eagle talon tsi AWD
Registration date : 2008-02-19

http://www.tunerfriends.com/forums/member.php?u=21994&2140

Back to top Go down

my green 2g awd Empty Re: my green 2g awd

Post by Gdmbat85 Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 am

Those look like some nice rims. I also edited your post so your photos would come up.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 231
Car : 99 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 am

Green 2ga Talons FTW!!

Nice...I got the same car, 95. Best of luck with it and mod carefully!
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 91
Car : 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by greentsi Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:54 am

thanks for the fix. i like yours to man, same color and eveything. im not really sure what mods to do first. i deffinitly want to do an intake first, so if you have any suggestions that would be a big help
greentsi
greentsi
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by ScreamingEagle Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:17 am

I don't know about you folks with the nice looking green 2g a's. You're making mine feel bad. We should branch off on our own sub forum, only the dark green 95 TSi AWD's allowed in there.

Since you're a 95, go with the DSMlink when you have the funds for it. It will help support any future mods you do.
ScreamingEagle
ScreamingEagle

Number of posts : 47
Car : 07 Sky Redline, 97 Talon ESi, 95 Talon TSi AWD, 83 Eagle SX/4

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:01 pm

First mods all depend on your budget. Personally I would recommend ordering the Forced Performance Exhaust Manifold as it's on sale for $175 right now as opposed to the $375 retail sticker. It's a direct bolt-on, will help spool up, flows a lot more than a stocker. Plus you can sell your stock manifold to a 1g guy. I think the sale ends tomorrow though. You have to go on DSMTuner.com and look under the Vendor section to get the number to call for the special price.

Other than that, get a cheap manual boost controller and remove the BCS. Don't waste money on an intake pipe, just get an open air filter. That makes a pretty big difference. You can find a 16g pretty cheap, maybe $300. You just need the install kit. Exhaust is always a good idea. 2.5" should be big enough for a while.

But FIRST and FOREMOST...get a boost gauge. Don't want to be running 30psi on a T25 and not know it!

If you happen to be around the Hackettstown area, or Morris country area (or somewhere relatively close), I'd be more than happy to help you install some new mods!
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by greentsi Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks for all the help. The dsm link thought is a little high for my budget. I just had to drop liike $1200 for a bunch of stuff. I had to get it inspected, and it needed a bunch of stuff like 02 sensors, tie rod ends and a new cat. which was mad expenisive. My car is like set up for California emissions and the regular cat doesnt fit? so they had to find a special one and it is taking forever to ship. so i figured why i had some time to wait im getting my friend to throw down some paint because its starting to look a little beat. i also have a few more things to do before I start modding. i need a new sunroof. i think one of the tracks is broken or somthing.i havnt really looked at it to closely. and i want to change the interior to black. So once all this stuff is taken care of il start modding. i did look into getting gauges. iv seen the ones on ebay for pretty cheap and they look nice. i think they were glowshift or somthing? and i wanted to get a boost controller but i have no idea how to install that.
greentsi
greentsi
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:16 pm

I can certainly help you install the boost controller. It's just a bunch of vacuum lines that connect to your turbo. That's a great idea taking care of some maintenance work first! Many DSMers forget that and mod the car and wonder why it breaks. If you have the time, read up on DSMTuner.com and be sure to check out vfaq.com for more info on modding.

Yea...I'm also looking to change the interior to black. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and a lot of time hunting for parts. So far I've only found carpeting on e-bay for a few hundred bucks. Keep an eye out for "parting out" for sale threads on here, NJDSM, NYCCDSM, SJDSM, etc.

PS - I will have some parts for sale soon that you might be interested in and that I can help you install. I'll be sure to post a for sale thread next week.
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by greentsi Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:22 pm

that would be a big help, because i really have no idea. I have been reading up one some of the faqs on some of the other dsm sights like dsmtuners and dsm talk. iv also seen alot of poeple painting their interior? what kind of stuff would you be selling? maybe next week il have the old car sold and some extra cash that i wont be needing.
greentsi
greentsi
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:10 pm

I'm installing a whole bunch of new parts this weekend and should have a Walbro 190 fuel pump, RC 550 injectors, and a home built intake pipe that's a direct bolt-on for you. It has the recirc tube still and the two ports from the stock pipe.

Whenever my FP parts come in, I'll also have a ported 2g exhaust manifold, ported o2 housing, and a hybrid 16g with an 18g compressor wheel. It pulls pretty good, minimal shaft play. The o2 housing and exhaust manifold are ported to match this turbo. It'd be a great upgrade for your and relatively easy to bolt on. You would just need the 2g install kit (oil lines, etc.). I'll include the J-pipe with the turbo.
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Gdmbat85 Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:37 am

I split this topic and placed it in the parts discussion section since it branched off into talking about a boost controller.

If you need help on how to install something, please create a separate thread in the tech section to help keep this forum organized. Thank you.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 231
Car : 99 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down