NJDSM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help to get inspection sticker

3 posters

Go down

Need help to get inspection sticker Empty Need help to get inspection sticker

Post by side_show Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Aight well I posted this on DSMtuners but no one answered me so i'll give it a try here. I need to get my car inspected, but the thing is i need to know if anyone has a hook up for it in PA, like close to the boarder of NJ or even like a lil more in to PA (say like 20 min drive). I got PA insurance but live in Jersey and my boy let me down saying he had a hook up. I know i'm not gonna pass regular in spection over there cuz i'm in the process of put a str8 3" back from the downpipe and putting dump O2 housing. afro

side_show
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 20
Car : 90 Laser RS Turbo & 93 GSX *6bolt*
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Need help to get inspection sticker Empty Re: Need help to get inspection sticker

Post by Gdmbat85 Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Talk to Nikki (screamingeagle), she might know someone.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 231
Car : 99 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Need help to get inspection sticker Empty Re: Need help to get inspection sticker

Post by ScreamingEagle Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:14 am

Hey, this kid I know who had a ghetto jetta with a tinted windshield and such just got inspected for $55, the guy didn't even look at it. Your insurance and registration are both for PA, right? The place is in Topton, I think, but it might be a drive for you. I'd say at least a half hour from Philipsburg, and if you're way north, you might be looking at almost 2 hours. It takes me almost 2 hours to get to Newark, I don't know where you are from there, but it's a drive if it's north Jersey.

Your cars are old enough that they're visual emissions only, it needs to "appear to have a cat in good working order" but they don't test it. They never even look under mine, and I put the cat on just in case. Or, just get some adapters and those wraparound exhaust clamps (like these wraparound clamps) and keep your stock cat and just put it on as necessary. That's what I do, treating myself to a week or so of open downpipe between swaps. Of course, you could just get a cutout too....
ScreamingEagle
ScreamingEagle

Number of posts : 47
Car : 07 Sky Redline, 97 Talon ESi, 95 Talon TSi AWD, 83 Eagle SX/4
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by side_show Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:45 am

thanx but my bro said one of his fraternity bro's know of a spot in Philly. Plus my pipes gonna ge a straight 3", so i don't think it's gonna pass as if i have a cat. I'm putting a megan 3"downpipe then just having it welded the rest of the way to the 3" proexhaust muffler <--(ebay). If my bro's spot let's me down then i'll check the spot you said out, but that's after it kick my older brother's ass for letting me down first.

side_show
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 20
Car : 90 Laser RS Turbo & 93 GSX *6bolt*
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum