NJDSM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread

+4
Turbotaloon95
imprezars
zoomzoom6
Gdmbat85
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread Empty Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread

Post by Gdmbat85 Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Ok guys, this will be an ongoing thread for suggestions for every upcomimg Sunday's meet spots. If anyone knows a good place to have a Sunday meet let us know and maybe we'll have it there next Sunday.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 231
Car : 99 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread Empty Re: Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread

Post by Gdmbat85 Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:55 pm

I was trying to think of a few spots for the following Sunday meet after the Hackensack TGIF meet, but I couldn't really think of anywhere that could house plenty of cars, so I think the following Sunday will be back at Paramus Applebee's - unless a better idea comes up ofcourse. Let's get some input on this.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread Empty Re: Official "following Sunday meet suggestions" thread

Post by zoomzoom6 Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:56 pm

well as it gets warmer i'd like to change the time of the meet so we can get some daylight meets going.. as far as place why not garden state plaza.. there are food places, everyone knows where it is, and we will never run out of spots
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Number of posts : 122
Car : mazdaspeed 6
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gdmbat85 Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:02 pm

I actually thought about that before, like the chilis, but I don't know anyplace there that can take a party of 40+, atleast not that I know of.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoomzoom6 Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:35 pm

no like the main mall itself like a ruby tuesdays.. it's a decent size in there
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Back to top Go down

Post by zoomzoom6 Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:43 pm

or maybe a rest stop on the parkway easy to get to and then people from south jersey could possibly come too
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Back to top Go down

Post by imprezars Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:46 pm

alot of people who have been showing up are like really short on cash, so half price apps at applebees are probably the best bet to draw hungry people to a weekly meet. Lets just make sure we dont get shafted out of $23 like last time!
imprezars
imprezars
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 55
Car : Subaru
Registration date : 2008-02-15

http://www.myspace.com/maxblud

Back to top Go down

Post by zoomzoom6 Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:39 am

i like the way that chick did it at paramus applebees.. everyone gets their own check
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:45 am

My suggestion....have one on the west side of north NJ! Then I'd come.
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 91
Car : 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by zoomzoom6 Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:49 am

Turbotaloon95 wrote:My suggestion....have one on the west side of north NJ! Then I'd come.

got to be a little more specific then that
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Back to top Go down

Post by Bezzle Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:44 am

Well, I'll be missing tomorrow's TGIF meet but next Sunday I'm all in, as well as the galant crowd I can bring along. We really don't mind which restaurant but as long as its decent and worth while. Like half price appetizers works well for us college kids.

But, overall, the different restaurant locations work well...for now. Most people I invite to these meets are coming straight out of work by 8-9pm so they're looking to eat and hang out. So, choosing a TGIF, Applebees, etc, seems to be just fine for now.

When the weather starts hitting high 60s, snow is gone for the year, and we're not dealing with week-to-week storms, we should definitely plan daytime meets. Travel to car swap meets in the tri-state area, go to a driving range, ya know, fun activities out there. I'm planning a damn Medieval Times meet on another forum for next month lol.

Bezzle
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 16
Car : 1996 Galant
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by imprezars Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:17 am

^ sounds good dude
imprezars
imprezars
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by zoomzoom6 Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:58 am

i think after this week we might keep fridays to rainy sundays so we can go inside the parking deck and still able to hang out without getting rained on
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 am

zoomzoom6 wrote:
Turbotaloon95 wrote:My suggestion....have one on the west side of north NJ! Then I'd come.

somewhere in Morris county would be spectacular. There's an applebees in Parsippany with a huge parking lot, or one in Mt. Olive at the ITC with a big parking lot. Those aren't too far for me.
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by imprezars Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:07 am

^we can meet at the m&m factory!
imprezars
imprezars
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by zoomzoom6 Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:10 am

Turbotaloon95 wrote:
zoomzoom6 wrote:

somewhere in Morris county would be spectacular. There's an applebees in Parsippany with a huge parking lot, or one in Mt. Olive at the ITC with a big parking lot. Those aren't too far for me.

sounds like a plan
zoomzoom6
zoomzoom6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar0ck Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:32 am

I thought it went down pretty well for a small group gathering. I've organized plenty in this area for my club and they have all gone down reasonably well. As long as theres no burn-outs or excessive noise no one will bother you!

Good luck with the rest of the gatherings! Hope to make it to more.

Ar0ck
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by imprezars Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:43 am

applebees in parsippany would be a good choice, we would attract a bunch of westerners for a change and give frigg's crew a break on gas money
imprezars
imprezars
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Gdmbat85 Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:05 pm

That sounds good. I was kinda planning on having it back at the Paramus Applebees next week. I think we'll either have it there this coming week or the week after.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SRT-THOR Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Yeah, I think we need to kick in Paramaus very soon.
SRT-THOR
SRT-THOR

Number of posts : 41
Car : SRT-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbotaloon95 Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:46 pm

imprezars wrote:applebees in parsippany would be a good choice, we would attract a bunch of westerners for a change and give frigg's crew a break on gas money

keep me posted and i'm there.
Turbotaloon95
Turbotaloon95
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Bezzle Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:00 am

Hey, so we're doing Paramus Applebees this Sunday the 16th?

I wanna find out who's available to join us.

Bezzle
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Gdmbat85 Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:21 am

Ok guys, I was thinking about this for a little bit and I think I've come to a conclusion. As much as I'd love to keep changing the meets do different places and the how much people hate going to Applebees every week, when push comes to shove, we're basically a bunch of broke college kids so Applebees' half-off appetizers is the best thing that everyone can afford and agree on. So for the winter weeks at least, the meets will be held at Applebees.

Next, I think this coming Sunday (3/16) will be at Paramus and the following Sunday will be at Parsippany (3/23). It's not set in stone, but that looks to be the schedule.
Gdmbat85
Gdmbat85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by imprezars Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 am

um okay
imprezars
imprezars
NJDSM'er
NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Bezzle Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:24 am

Sounds good. Everybody just remember its just 'for now'.

Spring will set in any week now!

Bezzle
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next